Autumn time is pumpkin time. Those beauties keep flooding the supermarkets at the moment and have become a regular item on our menu at home. Especially the Hokkaido pumpkin is a favourite of mine, because it tastes amazing and you don’t have to peel it. No matter if you roast it or cook it, the peel will become so soft you can eat it and who doesn’t love a shortcut. This super quick roasted Hokkaido pumpkin is flavoured with lots of garlic and herbs, which makes it sweet, yet savory. It makes an excellent side dish for fish and meat. If you puree the roasted pumpkin, you can serve it like you would mashed potatoes or you can use it to make pasta dishes or risottos. The possibilities are endless!
Roasted Hokkaido Pumpkin
- 1 hokkaido pumpkin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 pepper
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 5 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- Preheat you oven to 180° C / 356° F
- Open the pumpkin and remove all the seeds.
- Cut the pumpkin into one inch slices and spread them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle generously with olive oil.
- Add salt, pepper and herbs and mix well.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until soft. Turn on the broiler for the last 10 minutes to brown the edges a bit more.