If you have been reading my blog once in a while, you might have noticed that I love pestos of all kind and I post pesto recipes quite frequently on here. This time of the year I always look out for the first wild garlic in the supermarkets and while you can make all kinds of delicious things with those amazing greens, I always come back to making pesto. So if you need a super quick, but tasty weekday meal, give this wild garlic pesto pasta a try.
Wild garlic pesto with roasted tomatoes
For the pesto
- 50 g wild garlic
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup olive oil
For the pasta
- 280 g pasta
- 12-15 cherry tomatoes
- 2 sprigs thyme
- olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200° C / 390° F and turn on the broiler.
- Combine all the ingredients for the pesto and blend them with a stick blender or a food processor. If it seems too dry, add a bit more olive oil. Set aside.
- Spike the cherry tomatoes on two wooden skewers and place them in an oven proof dish. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and the thyme. Bake on the middle rack of the oven, for about 10-15 minutes or until they burst and get some colour.
- While the tomatoes are in the oven, cook the pasta according to package.
- Drain the pasta and mix well with the wild garlic pesto.
- Serve with the tomato skewers.