You know what I love? Some delicious comfort food when I get home after a long day at work. What I don’t love on the other hand is standing in the kitchen for over an hour after a long day at work. Thank God this isn’t really necessary when you have a recipe like this one on hand. A couple of weeks ago I posted a recipe for an amazing creamy mushroom soup. With some crusty bread this soup is a meal of its own. So make a huge pot of it on the weekend. Eat half of it on the day you make it and freeze the rest to make this delicious pasta bake later when you have no time to cook. You only need a few more additional ingredients and you have an amazing pasta bake full of hearty flavours.
Mushroom Pasta Bake
- 3 cups mushroom soup
- 70 g bacon diced (optional)
- 1 cup button mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 cup gruyere cheese grated
- 150 g penne pasta
- Preheat your oven to 180° C / 356° F
- Cook the pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a small pan fry the bacon until it just starts to get crispy. Add the button mushrooms and fry for another 2-4 minutes.
- In an ovenproof dish, mix the pasta with the mushroom soup, the thyme, the mushrooms and the bacon.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.